I have received a lot of messaging from spirit about the deep need for folks to anchor into the vessel that carries our spirits. In a culture that is so mind-centered, much of the work that we do to heal leaves the body behind. For truly sustainable healing to occur, we must release what is held in the body as we focus on healing our spirits and minds. Otherwise, a hidden trigger may cause you to wonder why you are suddenly called back into feeling an old story that you thought you healed from.
Our bodies are so powerful, they are the vehicle for our souls to experience this human life, yet we often fail to celebrate all that they give to us and too often, we dissociate from them. At times, we dissociate from our bodies as a result of physical trauma or because our bodies do not perform to our expectations. Many of us end up with a very different perception of our bodies than what others actually see when they look at us, some even end up with body dysmorphia. Learning to be present and honoring our body is central to overall health and well-being. Our bodies reflect our truth so well, often telling us of emotional issues that are unresolved and need attention. It is important to honor and pay attention to any messages that come from our body; equally important is celebrating these magical vessels! So much joy can be received through our senses. Take time to care for your body and please remember to include it on any healing journey. Spirit encourages us to move forward with attention to the triad – body, mind, and spirit.
Some tips for anchoring into the body and ensuring your body moves forward in alignment with your spiritual and emotional healing journeys:
- Spend a few minutes each morning, mid-day, and evening doing some breath work. Set intention and visualize white light – or a color you are called to, depending on your needs – as you breathe deeply into your pelvic floor (root).
- Dedicate bodywork sessions to your healing work by affirming what you are releasing and what you desire to receive as your session begins. Allow yourself to release and receive throughout the session, making note of any messages you receive from spirit.
- Spend time in nature, as above, dedicate your time in nature to align your body with your healing journey.
- Visualize earth energy rising from the core of the earth and entering into your body, affirm that you are supported as you visualize your spirit anchoring into your body.
- Journal! Writing is an excellent way to release emotion held in the body. It is preferable to physically release these writings as they hold the energy. Consider burning or drowning them. If there is a purposeful reason to hold onto the writing (material to inform a book or blog post in service to others), keep the writings in a dedicated journal or file that has been blessed with your intention to transmute the low energy and detach from the pain and to use these as materials for teaching others. Always know that you can call upon your angels and guides to assist with transmuting energy.
- It can be incredibly powerful to do mirror work or to work with a photographer who helps you to see yourself in the fullness of your beauty.
I am going to close on a personal note. I have had to do a lot of personal healing related to past body trauma – from miscarriage and high-risk pregnancy, to sexual abuse trauma, to chronic pain from car accidents. Because my guides provided me with fantastic guidance on my journey, I have been blessed in my recovery and have overcome both PTSD and chronic pain. To be quite frank, I believed I had released all of my body trauma but when I began dating my partner Matt in 2015, I began having flare ups of startle reflex and anxiety. I knew this meant I still had something to release. Matt is a very attractive man, one of those men that people often describe as “model” handsome. His ex-wife is physically beautiful along those “model” lines. Though I did not realize it at the top of my consciousness, when the old symptoms popped back up, I had to acknowledge that I still held self-judgement and insecurity about my body. This seemed so weird to me because I often celebrate how powerful and amazing this vessel is. It produced babies for goodness sake!
Recently, my guides suggested that I get head shots with my retreat business partner, Rose. They were very specific in their recommendation that we see Sara James Williams of SJW Photography. Sara also happens to be a boudoir photographer, working with women to see themselves “through the lens of unconditional love.” As the universe would have it, my cycle came early that month…starting the morning of my photo shoot. So, I had my photo’s taken not just at a time when I am much heavier than I desire to be (yes for health reasons but also because let’s be real…we all want to be beautiful) but also on the first day of my period. That morning, I rolled my eyes and asked my guides to please help me not to be a cranky bitch. The energy at the photo shoot was so loving, there was no way to not feel the vibration rising to joy. I was smiling as I took a deep breath and realized how clever the universe is. Instead of hating on my period, I embraced the truth of its magic, I celebrated how fantastic the female body is. Apparently, this combination of conditions is exactly what I needed to release the remaining low energy held in my energetic wiring related to my body. I honestly had forgotten what I actually look like. Watching Matt as he looked at the photo’s was pure magic, I was able to see his appreciation for my vessel and I saw my body in a way that I had not in so long. The overall experience helped me to see my vessel again, with love and gratitude. It was incredibly healing. I highly recommend Sara as an instrument of divine healing with her loving lens and the truth that is revealed.
If you, or anyone you know, would benefit from a true shift related to your body, join me and my lovely co-host, Rose, this Fall at our body focused retreat, I Am; Anchored.
Latest posts by Psychic Reese (see all)
- True Healing | Anchor into and celebrate your BODY! - February 20, 2017
- Orlando: Dark night of our collective soul - June 14, 2016
- Self-love Transforms Relationships - October 7, 2013